Pre-Travel provides a bridge between the Recreation Program and Travel Program. It is offered as a guide of what to expect for players considering travel soccer in the fall. This program is FREE and available to boys and girls who will be in the U9 age group starting in the fall each year (currently those born in 2012). In addition, children with a 2013 birth year who will be entering the 2nd grade in August 2020 are eligible (we ask that 2013 birth year players who will be entering 1st grade in August 2020 wait until next year).
Pre-travel practice sessions are typically only held in the spring. Upcoming dates and locations will be communicated to BSC members, particularly those who registered for U8 spring rec soccer. A parent’s informational meeting is typically held during the first practice session.
- Pre-Travel consists of four practice sessions led by Bay Soccer Club professional trainers, and is intended to simulate typical travel practices.
- The kids will work on basic foot skills, various soccer drills and scrimmage.
- We will use one of the practice sessions for evaluations so we can start building balanced travel teams for the fall travel season.
- Pre-travel is not required for entry into the travel program but is encouraged.
- There is no registration for this program, however, we will collect some basic information at the initial training session and/or via email.
- For questions about the program or if you're interested in coaching, assisting, or managing an age group for travel soccer, please email either the Boys or Girls Travel Commissioner at [email protected] or [email protected].
2020 Pre-Travel Session Dates:
Pre-Travel will consist of only two practice sessions this year on Monday, July 6th and Wednesday, July 8th at Walker Park, led by BSC trainers and is intended to simulate typical travel practices. Girls will practice from 5:00-6:00 pm and boys will practice from 6:15-7:15 pm. The kids will work on some basic foot skills and various soccer drills. If your child is interested in playing travel soccer in the fall, please attend one or both of the sessions. Details regarding Covid-19 guidelines established by the governor and CDC as well as a waiver will be communicated prior to the pre-travel session dates.
If your child in interested in playing travel soccer in the fall, please email the following information to one of the commissioners listed below before the pre-travel sessions:
GRADE IN THE FALL 2020:
Girls Pre-Travel Sessions (incoming U9 Girls):
Monday, July 6th from 5:00-6:00 pm
Wednesday, July 8th from 5:00-6:00 pm
Boys Pre-Travel Sessions (incoming U9 Boys):
Monday, July 6th from 6:15-7:15 pm
Wednesday, July 8th from 6:15-7:15 pm