Pre-travel is FREE and available to boys and girls who will be in the U9 age group starting in the fall each year (currently those born in 2011). In addition, children with a 2012 birth year who will be entering the 2nd grade in August 2019 are eligible (we ask that 2012 birth year players who will be entering 1st grade in August 2019 wait until next year).
Pre-travel practice sessions are only held in the month of May. Upcoming dates and locations will be communicated to club members. A parent’s informational meeting will be held during the first practice session.
- Pre-travel consists of four practice sessions led by Bay Soccer Club professional trainers, and is intended to simulate typical travel practices.
- The kids will work on basic foot skills, various soccer drills and scrimmage.
- We will use one of the practice sessions for evaluations so we can start building balanced Travel teams for the fall travel season.
- Pre-Travel is not required for entry into the Travel program but is encouraged.
- There is no registration for this program, however, we will collect some basic information at the initial training session and/or via followup email.
- For questions about the program or if you're interested in coaching, assisting, or managing an age group for Travel soccer, please email either the Boys or Girls Travel Commissioner at [email protected] or [email protected].