Pre-Travel provides a bridge between the Recreation Program and Travel Program. It is offered as a guide of what to expect for players considering travel soccer in the fall. This program is FREE and available to boys and girls who will be in the U9 age group starting in the fall each year (currently those born in 2013). In addition, children with a 2014 birth year who will be entering the 2nd grade in August 2021 are eligible (we ask that 2014 birth year players who will be entering 1st grade in August 2021 wait until next year).
Pre-travel practice sessions are typically only held in the spring. Upcoming dates and locations will be communicated to BSC members, particularly those who registered for U8 spring rec soccer. A parent’s informational meeting is typically held during the first practice session.
- Pre-Travel consists of four practice sessions led by Bay Soccer Club professional trainers, and is intended to simulate typical travel practices.
- The kids will work on basic foot skills, various soccer drills and scrimmage.
- We will use one of the practice sessions for evaluations so we can start building balanced travel teams for the fall travel season.
- Pre-travel is not required for entry into the travel program but is encouraged.
- There is no registration for this program, however, we will collect some basic information at the initial training session and/or via email.
- For questions about the program or if you're interested in coaching, assisting, or managing an age group for travel soccer, please email either the Boys or Girls Travel Commissioner at [email protected] or [email protected].
2021 Pre-Travel Session Dates:
Practice sessions will be at Cahoon fields across the parking lot from the shed/pavilion
Wednesday May 19th: 5:30 - 6:30 pm (parent meeting 5:30 pm)
Friday May 21st: 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Wednesday May 26th: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
We will hold a short parent meeting at 5:30 pm near the Cahoon shed on Wednesday, May 19th while the kids are practicing.