The Bay Soccer Club believes in the development of players at all levels.
The travel program is a more advanced program for players that have the skill, desire, and commitment to play at a more competitive level. Players who wish to participate in the travel program must either live in Bay Village or attend a school in Bay Village. All interested players must attend an evaluation/tryout. We encourage everyone with an interest to register and participate.
We have approximately 400 children playing on 40 teams with representation in many of the top divisions. Despite its modest population compared to neighboring communities, Bay Soccer Club is one of the largest in Northeast Ohio. We have approximately 90 volunteer coaches, assistant coaches, and managers. We have 10+ paid professional trainers on staff.
The travel program takes place from August to June of each school year and begins as early as age seven for some players. The travel program consists of fall and spring outdoor league games with two practices per week. In the winter, each age group has 10 weeks of indoor training, held at the Force Sports indoor training facility in Rocky River. Games during the winter are optional and incur a separate additional fee. Game play is at age group coaches’ discretion.
Our training is conducted by paid, experienced, professional trainers that are licensed and following a curriculum developed by the Bay Soccer Club. Practices are generally twice a week for 10 weeks during the fall and spring travel seasons. Practices during the winter months are held once a week for 10 weeks. Volunteer parent coaches will work with the professional trainers and coach the games. Volunteer coaches are required to get certification.
BSC uses a website-based registration and fee collection system called Sports Connect (formerly Blue Sombrero). All forms are to be completed online. Please follow the three steps listed below.
Step A – Evaluation / Tryouts
Check the Bay Soccer Club website or check with your current travel coach for evaluation dates.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO THIS EVALUATION:
- A white and dark t-shirt
- Copy of birth certificate
- Recent 1” x 1” color picture
Current travel players should bring both of their uniform jerseys.
Step B – Team Assignment
Your player will be assigned to a team.
- U9 and U10 teams will have teams that are evenly divided based on skill levels.
- U11 and up will have teams that are determined by results of evaluations.
Every attempt will be made to make sure your player has a team assignment, however, in rare cases, numbers may dictate that some players do not make a team.
Step C – Registration
- Create an account (username) if you have not done so already. Families must "Register" by creating a username at www.baysoccer.org
- Register each child into the system. Select the age-based division for each child. You should have all medical information handy such as allergies, doctors, insurance card and emergency contacts.
- Volunteer to coach. Those wishing to be a coach, assistant coach or manager must "volunteer" for that role during this process. All coaches and assistant coaches must complete this information in addition to your children’s registration.
- Choose to pay in full or choose a payment plan. The fee for the 2020-21 travel season is $280. You can choose to pay that amount in full at checkout, or you can elect to make a $140 at checkout, and a $140 payment on September 1.
- Once you have completed this process you will receive an acknowledgment e-mail.
$280 Annual Fee (payable in two $140 payments)
Open to community players (as defined in our BSC constitution) and out-of-community players as space allows.
- Participation in spring Rec Program
- 8 games in the fall and 8 games in the spring (OHTSL seasons)
- Team, player, and referee fees
- Bay Challenge Cup tournament fee
- Blue “Bay Soccer Club” game socks
- Volunteer coaching
- 20/10/20 professional age group training (1 trainer/age group)
- 2x a week for 10 weeks fall and spring, U9‐10: 1 hour, U11‐U15: 1½ hours
- 1x a week for 10 weeks winter indoors, U9‐U15: 1 hour
Does NOT include:
- BSC travel uniform (blue shorts, blue away jersey, white home jersey), warm‐ups, etc.
- Other tournaments, winter leagues, or camps