Boys and Girls currently in 7th grade or older are eligible to be Rec referees and are paid for their help. The Bay Soccer Club offers training followed with testing to help our referees learn the rules. Games have one, two or three referees depending on field size and age group. You must be registered ahead of time for one of the training date time slots. Space is very limited. Please email [email protected] for registration information.
Referee Training for 2021 (you will only attend ONE date):
Friday, March 5 4:00 PM BMS Community Gym (FULL)
Friday, March 5 6:00 PM BMS Community Gym
Friday, March 12 4:00 PM BMS Community Gym
Friday, March 12 6:00 PM BMS Community Gym
Instructions for those registered:
Print the "BSC Referee Guide" PDF (also linked below) and familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines.
1. Bring a printed copy to the training.
2. Bring a pen to the training for the test and taking notes.
All referees must take the NFHS "Concussion Training" every three years (this is mandatory per the State of Ohio).
1. The website to take the test is https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61064/concussion-in-sports.
2. Register in the upper right corner of the website’s home page and take the free course.
3. Print and bring a copy of the completed certificate to the training if one was not submitted in 2019 or 2020.
BSC Referee Guide PDF