Current and new travel players are all invited to participate in evaluations (typically held in the month of May). Evaluation dates are listed below in the spring or check with your current travel coach.
New players, please bring the following to your evaluation:
Current travel players should bring both of their uniform jerseys.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Recent 1” x 1” color picture
- Wear/bring a white and blue t-shirt.
2022 Evaluation Dates
- Player evaluations consist of a body of feedback from coaches, trainers, and independent trainers over a course of a full year (in this case, fall/winter/spring) and the upcoming evaluation date.
- Specifically regarding upcoming evaluation date – this is what the players will do and what will be observed:
- Juggling: simplest way to measure player's ability to control soccer ball
- Touch on ball: we will look to see how a player receives/traps the ball from a pass and then how player distributes/passes the ball with accuracy
- Fitness/speed with ball: in simple form, we will look to understand player’s fitness and athletic/speed with ball
- Competitive/play with a few games in my life but game-situations: in a scrimmage or keep-away format – players will be placed in a competitive environment
2022 Girls Travel Evaluations
- Monday 16 May 2022 (Cahoon Field 13: 11v11 field near Lake Road)
- U11 (current 4th graders): 4:15-5:30pm
- U13 (current 6th graders): 6:00-7:30pm
- Tuesday 17 May 2022 (Walker Field 2: 7 v 7 field)
- U09 (current 2nd graders): 5:00-6:00pm
- U10 (current 3rd graders): 6:00-7:15pm
- Thursday 19 May 2022 (Cahoon Field 13: 11v11 field near Lake Road)
- U14 (current 7th graders): 5:00-6:30pm
- Monday 23 May 2022 (Cahoon Field 13: 11v11 field near Lake Road)
- U12 (current 5th graders): 4:30-6:00pm
2022 Boys Travel Evaluations
- Tuesday 17 May 2022 and Thursday 19 May 2022 (Cahoon)
- U09 (current 2nd graders): 6:30-7:30pm
- U10 (current 3rd graders): 5:15-6:15pm
- U11 (current 4th graders): 5:45-7:00pm
- U12 (current 5th graders): 5:15-6:30pm
- U13 (current 6th graders): 5:15-6:30pm
- U14 (current 7th graders): 6:30-7:45pm