Current year deadline is February 5, 2021
Bay Soccer Club (BSC) awards a number of $500 scholarships to selected graduating high school seniors. All applicants must be well-rounded students who are committed to working hard in their academic pursuits while also making good decisions in their everyday lives.
To qualify for this award, the applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior and a Bay Village resident.
- Have actively participated in BSC programs as a player, coach, referee, instructor, field maintenance worker, data assistant, or held a student leadership position that supported the activities of the BSC.
- In the opinion of the scholarship committee, respect and support the sport of soccer and the ideals of the BSC.
- Act as a role model for younger children in BSC programs.
- Exhibit commitment to the BSC and its members.
To apply, please follow the instructions on the Bay High School local scholarship page. All local scholarship applications are completed online using a Google Classroom for BHS seniors. BSC scholarship applicants may be required to include the following with their application:
- A personal statement (200 words or less) describing your involvement and experience with Bay Soccer Club and/or how BSC programs have benefited you.
- A letter of recommendation from a non-family member (this letter need not be specific to this award).
- Proof of acceptance into an accredited college or university or list (this may be submitted after the entry deadline).
The Bay Soccer Club Scholarship Committee will review all applications. Award recipients will be notified by email and/or U.S. mail by a representative of the Bay Soccer Club board. The number of scholarships awarded is at the discretion of the committee. All decisions are final. Winners will allow the Bay Soccer Club to publish their photograph and names.
Questions may be directed to [email protected]