Bay Soccer Club Pre-Travel Program
The Pre-Travel program is once again being offered this spring for U-8 boys and girls interested in playing Travel soccer in the fall. This program provides a bridge between the Recreation Program and Travel Program. It is offered as a guide of what to expect for boys and girls considering Travel soccer in the fall.
Pre-travel will consist of three practice sessions in May, led by trainers, and is intended to simulate typical travel practices. The kids will work on some basic foot skills and various soccer drills.
Program Eligibility, Schedule and Registration:
- Pre-Travel is FREE and open to boys and girls born in 2013. In addition, boys and girls with a 2014 birth year that will be entering 2nd grade in August 2021 are eligible. We ask that 2014s who will be entering 1st grade in August 2021 wait until next year.
- Practice sessions will be at Cahoon fields across the parking lot from the shed/pavilion
- Wednesday May 19th: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Friday May 21st: 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- Wednesday May 26th: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Pre-Travel is not required for entry into the Travel program, but is encouraged. The boys and girls will use the May 26th session to evaluate so we can start building balanced Travel teams for the fall.
- There is no registration for this program. We will collect some basic information at the initial training session.
- We will hold a short parent meeting at 5:30 pm near the Cahoon shed on Wednesday, May 19th while the kids are practicing.
- If you have interest in coaching, assisting, or managing the boys or girls age group for Travel soccer, please let the appropriate travel commissioner know. For boys travel, Bryan Ruocco at [email protected] and for girls travel, Nicole Anderson at [email protected].